Is your child fascinated by musical rhythms? Do they show a keen interest in music classes at school? Or have you noticed them maneuvering easily between those 88 keys at a kids’ party?Maybe it’s time to ignite their passion. Playing a keyboard can be therapeutic, entertaining, and provide a cool learning experience.
So, if your child seems ready to learn the basics of musicon the keyboard or piano, then why not buy one for them? If too many options are confusing, then this MomJunction post helps you out with a list of the finest children’s keyboards.
Top Nine Keyboards For Children
Keyboards may vary in design, quality, price or size. The best keyboards for kidsare the ones that have multiple features but not very complex settings. Let’s have a look at some.
1. Vtech Record And Learn Kidi-Studio
A colorful keyboard with a mic is all your budding child needs to perform like a rockstar.
- This keyboard can be used to record and playback the music.
- It comes with a voice changing mechanism and a real microphone.
- The keyboard has more than 40 songs and sound effects.
- The keys light up while playing any style of music.
- It can also double up as a karaoke toy that teaches tempo, rhythm, and melody.
- The compact size makes it easy to store while not in use.
- The keyboard only works on batteries and does not work with direct power supply.
- Some buyers noticed that the microphone does not last very long.
2. Hamzer Portable Electronic Keyboard
Get a studio-rockstar vibe with a keyboard that comes with headphones, microphone, stand, stool, and a sticker sheet.
- This keyboard has standard-sized 61 keys, built-in speakers, 255 timbres, 255 rhythms, and 24 demonstration songs.
- It is designed to help master finger control. The keyboard suits beginners and children who have an intermediate level of skills.
- The keyboard has a stereo output. Children can listen to music through the external speakers with the supplied headphones or a pair of headphones of their choice.
- It includes a microphone with a four-inch cord to record playback songs.
- It is compact, lightweight, and works with a power adapter or on batteries.
- The sturdy metal keyboard stand can be adjusted to three height positions.
- Batteries are not included in this keyboard set.
3. ConoMus Piano Keyboard Toy
This keyboard is more like a toy but ideal for little ones to develop their hobby from an early age.
- It comes with multi-functional features such as adjustable microphone and karaoke, 24 keys, 22 demo songs, four musical and eight percussion sounds.
- There is record and playback function too. Other features include volume and rhythm controls, and an LED light.
- The keyboard comes with an audio cable that can be used to connect the piano to a phone, MP3, computer, or an iPad for playing music.
- Its energy-saving function turns the keyboard to standby mode when the device is not used for more than two minutes.
- The keyboard is made from environment-friendly and non-toxic materials.
- It may help in improving memory, tone identification, hand-eye coordination, and various other skills.
- The plastic could seem a bit low quality, and the keyboard may not be suitable for older children.
4. Filladream Multi-Function Piano
If you are looking for a fun-size piano for kids,this one may be an ideal choice.
- It has a multi-function keyboard with eight tones, rhythms, and six demo songs. This keyboard also has an MP3 function, volume or tempo control, and options to sing, record and play.
- The key size is suitable for the fingers of children.
- This can connect to the mobile phone or an iPad. Therefore, you can use piano-learning apps with this keyboard.
- The piano’s smooth edges and soft keys ensure the safety of children.
- It can be powered by a power adapter or a power bank, or you can use batteries as well.
- The company offers a six-month customer support warranty for any kind of service.
- Some users may not find sound quality soothing.
5. Casio SA76 44-Key Mini Personal Keyboard
This keyboard for kids is ideal for beginners and available in three color variants.
- This keyboard has 44 mini size keys with more than 100 tones and 50 rhythms.
- The tone selection method is simple with an exclusive button for piano or organ selection.
- The easy-to-read LCD gives details about the melody, tone, song, etc.
- It can work on batteries or with a power adapter.
- The song bank has limited options.
- The device doesn’t come with batteries or a power adapter.
6. Rockjam Electronic Keyboard
This device offers several features, including connectivity with piano-learning apps that make practicing a keyboard easy.
- It is a true full-size piano with 61 keys. It has standard key sizes, an LCD screen, recording and playback facility, more than 100 sounds and rhythms, and nearly 50 demo songs.
- This keyboard piano ships with a pair of high-quality headphones.
- It comes bundled with a padded stool for sitting. There is a keyboard stand too that can adjust the keyboard’s level as per the height of the child.
- Learning aids are also a part of the package. You get one month’s free membership of the Simply Piano app that works on both iOS and Android. Also, two months of face-to-face lessons are provided through Take Lesson for children who are at the advanced level.
- This electronic keyboard works with the supplied power adapter or can work with batteries.
- Some children may find the keyboard heavy.
- A few parents did not like the quality of the keyboard’s plastic.
7. aPerfectLife kids keyboard
A simple and pretty keyboard to develop a child’s interest in playing a piano.
- This keyboard has a built-in lithium-ion battery and can be charged with the power adapter that comes in the package.
- It is a play-size keyboard with only 37 keys, making it ideal for the beginners.
- It has a detachable microphone, audio cable jack, keyboard drum, record playback function, and automatic standby sleep function.
- This multi-function keyboard comes with features like smart follow options, intelligent lighting guide, and multi-level speed adjustment. There are 16 types of sounds, various rhythms, and eight demo songs stored within the instrument.
- The keyboard is certified by CPC children and conforms to RoHS safety certification.
- It is made of eco-friendly plastic that is non-toxic and safe for children.
- Parents felt that the sound quality and overall build quality could have been better.
8. Winfun Symphonic Grand Piano
This tiny piano is ideal for little kids who are still beginning to learn to play the keys.
- The 37-key piano set comes with a detachable microphone suitable for beginners.
- This also has record and playback features for a better learning experience.
- The metronome feature helps the child keep track of the piano notes.
- It comes with 15 built-in demo songs, eight instrument choices, eight rhythm choices, and eight options for background music.
- The keyboard runs on three AA batteries.
- Batteries are not included in the package.
9. M Sanmersen piano mat
This attractive and colorful piano playmat helps children learn and have fun while playing around.
- This mat has eight piano function keys with animal sounds and pronunciation guidance as well.
- The music from the mat rewards the child’s natural kicks and touches.
- This portable play mat displays a flashing light effect along with the sounds.
- It is made of non-toxic and non-woven fabric. It is thus safe even for infants and toddlers.
- Its smooth surface is gentle even on delicate skins.
- The piano pad is foldable, which makes it easy to carry wherever you go.
- A few users may find the sound to be low or off-key.
- The mat may seem slippery on hard floors.
Musical instruments, such as a keyboard or piano, not only help children develop an interest in music, but also could improve fine motor skills. They might also aid in sharpening memory, enhancing concentration and more. So, buying a keyboard for childrencould be a really good idea.
Which of these keyboards have you liked? Do share your favorites in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring on our list.