In episode #2 of the Just Stick To Parenting podcast, Doyin talks about things that make some white people uncomfortable (namely, race-relations in America). He also describes why it’s dangerous to raise kids to be colorblind, and how a white woman’s borderline racist comment inspired him to start his Instagram feed.
A few things you’ll find in this episode:
– Why raising kids to be colorblind is dumb (5:45)
– How a white woman’s comment inspired Doyin to start his Instagram feed (15:30)
– Why it’s incredibly difficult being a Black man in America today (22:00)
– The time Doyin pooped himself on a first date (yes, you read that correctly) (33:00)
– The most unpopular opinion Doyin has (37:15)
This post was previously published on Stitcher.com and is republished here with permission from the author.
Have you read the original anthology that was the catalyst for The Good Men Project? Buy here: The Good Men Project: Real Stories from the Front Lines of Modern Manhood
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls on a regular basis, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
Photo credit: Istockphoto.com